The famous quote by Thomas Keller, a revered chef, “A recipe has no soul, you as the cook must bring soul to the recipe,” wisely depicts the style of every cook who brings not only taste to the dish but also the beauty. An achievement for a chef is when someone appreciates the delicacy in which they put their heart. But there are also some kinds of cook who do not generate dish just for the sake of feeding others but to accomplish their passionate dreams. This culinary artist, Katherine Dey, creates super-realistic cakes which are inspired by what she sees in the hospital. A New York-based nurse, Dey has achieved mastery in producing the details of cake so realistically which can easily befool you. Although the cakes look a little disturbing, they are surely mouth-watering from inside.
Let’s scroll down through the beautiful creativity of this artist; delicious but disgusting cakes.
1. So, she meant to give her actual heart to her lover… filled with overwhelming or say overflowing love.
She certainly enjoys the difference between how her cake looks and how it tastes.
2. After all, making cute and colorful cakes becomes boring at some point of time!
She truly works to make her work come alive.
3. So she started making and I think… she got bored and stopped midway!
I am not even able to guess what is it!
4. Although it must have required a lot of hard work, one needs the courage to start eating this.
She has converted her talent into an insanely creative hobby, and she also wants to open a store.
5. Well, don’t judge a book by its cover! The cake might be a tasty dude.
These creations are life-like!
6. It will be hard to decide which part to eat first.7. She took her work very seriously and… grossly.
And the gory exterior like this with all the intricacy is even hard to imagine.
8. Why can’t this lady make cakes which look attractive to grab?
Apart from the hospital, the environment is her biggest inspiration.
9. Is the honeycomb cake keeping the bees together or is it the bees keeping the cake together?
She isn’t all gruesome though.
10. “The reaction is usually a strong one. Some people are excited about them, some are a little disgusted,” says Dey.
Katherine Dey outdoes herself when it comes to making grisly cakes. You can find more of her work on her Facebook Page.